Building gccsdk

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Sat Jan 20 04:10:43 PST 2001

Schaefer <sf at bonn.iz-soz.de> writes:

> I was very delighted when I saw the new cross-compile-environment beeing
> available.

I haven't bothered to advertise it to the masses for fear of a large
number of bug reports.  :-)

> My Work-PC is a Win2K Machine with the cygwin POSIX emulation on top.
> I have also access to a Linux PC, but that has apparantly no autoconf stuff,
> at least not for me (Maybe a wrong path). In fact I do not want to overuse
> that machine, as I am not its owner.
>
> Is it possible to build the gccsdk with cygwin? I believe so, but:
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=~/riscos/cross
> checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking target system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking build system type... i686-pc-cygwin
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
> creat
> e executables.
>
> ~~
> What is the compiler test doing?
> I can run gcc happily by hand.
>
> Can someone (Nick) help?

This line:
   checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
Tries to compile the program
   main(){return(0);}

using the C compiler defined by the environment variable CC.  It is possible
that `gcc' is not in your path.

Nick.