Filetype setting on fopen

Paul paulf.johnson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Aug 5 13:41:52 PDT 2002

Hi,

> What do people think of this?
>
> When a file is created (with fopen/open), its type is set depending upon
> its extension.  so .html gets 0xFAF etc.  The lookup is the normal
> Mimetype lookup of course.   Behaviour would be controlled via an
> additional flag to the current riscosify settings.  Should it be
> default?  I can't think of any reason why not.

The only problem I can forsee is keeping it up to date (some form of
communication with Pineapple or ROS Ltd when they finally take it over
would be essential for updating filetypes which are not on the mimemap)
or having conflicting extensions for the user defined filetypes.

TTFN

Paul

--
Sent from a machine using the GNU/Linux kernel and supporting
all that is good and right by not supporting dodgy operating