building GCC 3.3

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Sat Dec 28 10:29:38 PST 2002

Peter Naulls wrote:
> In message <3E062824.4070507 at dsvr.net>
>           Nick Burrett <nick at dsvr.net> wrote:
>

>>I've committed some bug fixes, some missing riscosify changes and GCC
>>support for referencing variables based on 'sp' rather than 'fp'.
>

> opensock.c is missing from unixlib, although I've copied it from another
> tree.  It's otherwise building ok atm.

Thanks.  I've committed the file.  I've committed additional fixes for
non-local gotos and the use of __builtin_setjmp and __builtin_longjmp.
These changes should help to get exception handling working.  I haven't
looked into possible memory usage isses with 'alloca' yet.

I've run the C compiler against a chunk of the GCC c-torture testsuite
and the results are looking good.

The next task is to get explicit stack checking implemented.  I feel
that we should be able to use the compiler once this has been done.

Nick.