A matter of escape

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Tue Jan 15 05:51:00 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 13:14:14 +0000, Ian Jeffray wrote:
> ..and STILL you refuse to post it.

I thought you kept archives (at least of *current* threads).
Here's what I said:

------
Yes, but the controling "terminal" should do the work. If the
application runs in Nettle, Nettle should do the work. If the
application runs at F12 CLI, some module or some code added to
the application (disabled in other cases) should do the work.
If the application runs in a regular taskwindow, I think it
should be the same as F12 CLI. There is a difference concerning
Nettle, because the Esc character is used in arrow keys (as
said in your first message).
------

In fact, there shouldn't be any code in UnixLib concerning these
problems. Either the application gets Esc from stdin, in which
case this is a normal character, just like any other character,
or the application gets a signal, in which case the code is
already there, isn't it?

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des