A matter of escape

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.org
Tue Jan 15 08:45:34 PST 2002

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 16:28:27 +0000, Peter Naulls wrote:
> Now consider the behaviour of escape in RISC OS, in Unix, the Unixlib
> escape handler handler and you begin to see why this is a complex
> question.  It's important that you understand all the points in my first
> post before you try and answer this.

But perhaps it is a complex question because the implementation is
currently complex? Why not add a level of abstraction? We have on
one side the behaviour of escape and other keys in RISC OS and on
the other side a UnixLib program that has a separate signal mechanism
and file mechanism (e.g. stdin). I think that all we need is some
(possibly independent) code that does the matching between both
sides (a terminal like Nettle being an example of such code).

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des