GNU F77 on RISCOS

Fortran Friends fortran at argonet.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 23:58:44 PST 2002

Dear Nick,

     I see that you have put up a new version of GNU (2.95.4-1) for RISCOS on
your FTP site. Thank you for all your work.

     I have downloaded it and just started some testing. It appears to fix the
first (most important) bug on our list whereby A**1.5 got the wrong answer.

     Unfortunately the second bug (which is the one which stops me using it for
serious work) still fails. This is the one where you compile two parts of a
program separately fail when you try to combine them at linking.

     Is this a problem with GNU f77 on all platforms? I have no method of
finding out but if you have access to other platforms, it would be nice to
know.

    The two short Fortran test files are attached; the error given is:

Drlink AOF Linker  Version 0.37  07/02/98  [GCCSDK build]
Error: 'com16_' in 'o.Sub99' duplicates a symbol already read
Drlink: Link failed with 1 error

Best Wishes, David

--
|__||__)/ __/  \|\ ||_   |   /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
___________________________/web site http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/fortran/