Multiply defined symbols in UnixLib

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Tue Dec 16 15:40:07 PST 2003

Hi!

I tried to link UnixLib with "link -aof" because I wanted to make
UnixLib a shared library with the mechanism Steven Simpson uses (see
http://www.comp.lancs.ac.uk/computing/users/ss/software/roshlibs/).
This method however requires an AOF as input and not an ALF.

However, when I link UnixLib as an AOF, I get:

*link -aof -o temp o.* common.o.* complex.o.* crypt.o.* gcccompat.o.*
grp.o.* locale.o.* math.o.* math-asm.o.* netlib.o.* pthread.o.* pwd.o.*
resolv.o.* resource.o.* scl.o.* signal.o.* stat.o.* stdio.o.*
stdlib.o.* string.o.* sys.o.* termios.o.* time.o.* unistd.o.* unix.o.*
wchar.o.*
ARM Linker: (Error) Global modf multiply defined (in _modf1 and modf).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global modfl multiply defined (in _modf1 and modf).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global modff multiply defined (in _modf1f and
modff).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global inet_ntop multiply defined (in inet_ntop and
ntop).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global inet_pton multiply defined (in inet_pton and
pton).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global __dummy_wcstol multiply defined (in wcstoq
and wcstol).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global __dummy_wcstol multiply defined (in wcstoul
and wcstol).
ARM Linker: (Error) Global __dummy_wcstol multiply defined (in wcstouq
and wcstol).
ARM Linker: Errors in link, no output generated.
ARM Linker: finished,  1 informational, 0 warning and 8 error messages.

Are you aware of those? Aren't there really some redundant functions
there that could be removed?

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
If at first you don't succeed, get someone else to do it.