pre3 uploaded

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Dec 11 02:13:12 PST 2004

In message <1671.81.152.30.244.1102758012.squirrel at 81.152.30.244>
          "Nick Burrett" <nick at sqrt.co.uk> wrote:

> Peter Naulls said:
> > In other news, I've made progress on an AOF backend for 'bfd', the
> > binary format library.
>
> I have started work on a port of GCC 4.0 with an ELF assembler target.
> This is taking the format of patches that apply directly onto the GCC tree
> rather than moving the sources into the GCCSDK tree.  Preliminary patches
> have been completed, I just need to get binutils working before I can
> progress further.

I have binutils under control, since bfd is of course part of that.  I
expect to submit my changes upstream, so we should then be able to build
binutils from CVS directly (using my tools to cross build it).  If you
just want to build an ELF bintutils now, I can give you the correct
runes.

We probably want to try for a final AOF 3.4.4 release before Xmas;
I would like to tackle the issue with partially linked AOFs, and it'd be
good to fix the C++ linking issues we're seeing too.