Possible pre-main or unixlib problem

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Jan 18 20:49:45 GMT 2004

In message <200401181817.17985 at zamez.strcprstskrzkrk.co.uk>
          James Bursa <bursa at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 18 January 2004 18:04, James Bursa wrote:
> > On Sunday 18 January 2004 17:46, Alex Waugh wrote:

> > > [snip]

> > > The only thing I can think of offhand is the dde prefix modifications
> > > John has been making are somehow confusing the font manager. Does the
> > > error message vary depending on the CSD/Prefix$Dir?
> >
> > Yes, the path in the error is the CSD, or Prefix$Dir if set.
>
> I just tried *RMKill DDEUtils before running it, and it then works, so this
> appears to be the problem :).

Very odd.  Could the same problem be reproduced in BASIC ? A couple days
ago UnixLib was doing something equivalent to :

--8<--
SYS "DDEUtils_Prefix", "@"
:
SYS "Font_FindFont",, "Homerton.Bold\ELatin1", 160, 160, 0, 0 TO FH%
SYS "Font_LoseFont", FH%
:
SYS "DDEUtils_Prefix", 0
PRINT "Ok"
--8<--

Today, the UnixLib code is no longer setting "@" when Prefix$Dir is defined
but I don't think this fixes the problem.  On my setup, I can not
reproduce the problem with the given C code & latest UnixLib version.  Is
the Font$Path definition important ? Mine is:

--8<--
Font$Path(Macro) : ADFS::Zion.$.!BOOT.Resources.!Fonts.,<Font$Prefix>.,Resources:$.Fonts.
Font$Prefix :
--8<--

Regards,