Filename warning misreporting

Nick Burrett nick at dsvr.net
Tue Jun 1 07:44:00 PDT 2004

Peter Naulls wrote:

> When compiling ChoX11 with GCC 3.3.3, I see the following:
>
> Desklib:/Xatomtype.h:61:1: warning: "BOOL" redefined
>
> Of course, Xatomtype.h isn't in Desklib, it's in RiscXLib
> (XLib$Path). This may or may not be an ambiguity that can be
> resolved.

This is a common occurance.  Packages should drop their definitions of
BOOL and use the definitions supplied by the standard C library in
<stdbool.h>.

I've noticed that libscl and unixlib don't have a stdbool.h header.
Does Norcroft CC now supply such a header, or at least support the
'bool' type ?

> Also, the throwback seems to have debug left in, e.g.:
>
> throwback: file='GetHints.c', line='72', prefix='warning',
> s='GetHints.c:72: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
> break strict-aliasing rules'

Thanks for reminding me.  I've fixed this on the 3.3 branch.  I've left
it on the head while I test throwback support later.

Nick.

--
Nick Burrett, Senior Systems and Network Engineer
Designer Servers Ltd.   http://www.dsvr.co.uk