UnixLib with the Castle tools

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Feb 15 22:31:23 PST 2006

David Pitt wrote:

>I added o.libgcc to the Library list, that changed the linker
>omissions to setjmp and longjmp.
>
>The section "UnixLib and Norcroft C" in !UnixLib.!Help is no longer
>correct.

David, no one here is in the mood for guessing games.  I
have re-read the section, and despite one spelling error,
it is accurate to the very best of my knowledge. If you
want to say how it's not correct, you'll need to be explict.
But I don't think that is the case - the problem remains
that you are trying to combine object files compiled against
different library headers.  Unless you are very careful,
that will almost always cause problems.  Do as John
asks and recompile everything to use UnixLib.

>>>*make
>>>Makefile:1050: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
>>>

>>I used to do this myself for a long time but it has been a while since I
>>last did this myself.  I assume you created unixlib/objs/Makefile like
>>mentioned in the 'Building' section of UnixLib doc ? And the make you are
>>using is the GNU make ? Or the Castle amu/make ?
>>

>I used the makefile already there, swapped the options to gcc and used
>the gnu make. (I did not get very far using the Castle !Make either.)
>The Perl script unixlib/gen-makefiles.pl is missing.

Again, please don't make us guess.  You'll need to tell
us precisely what appears on line 1050.