[gccsdk] Can't build xjig on ubuntu

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 24 07:10:00 PDT 2007

I'm trying to use the cross-compiler on ubuntu 6.10 running
on a Virtual PC and although it has got a lot further than
I was under cygwin I am still having trouble getting
X11 programs to compile.

A typical last-failure log from trying to compile xjig is:

Autobuilder: Building package: xjig
Autobuilder: Fetching source for xjig
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Need to get 155kB of source archives.
Get: 1 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main xjig 2.4-11.1 (dsc) [597B]
Get: 2 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main xjig 2.4-11.1 (tar) [124kB]
Get: 3 http://ftp.uk.debian.org unstable/main xjig 2.4-11.1 (diff) [29.9kB]
gpg: Signature made Thu 15 Jun 2006 10:20:44 BST using DSA key ID 9DE1EEB1
dpkg-source: extracting xjig in xjig-2.4
dpkg-source: unpacking xjig_2.4.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: applying ./xjig_2.4-11.1.diff.gz
Fetched 155kB in 3s (46.1kB/s)
Autobuilder: source directory is /home/alanb/build/xjig/xjig-2.4
Autobuilder: RISC OS patch:
/home/alanb/gccsdk/autobuilder/games/xjig/Imakefile.p
patching file Imakefile
Hunk #1 succeeded at 36 with fuzz 2 (offset 1 line).
Autobuilder: Calling setvars
Autobuilder: Calling xmkmf
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/home/riscos/env/lib/X11/config
<stdin>:10: warning: weak declaration of 'gnu_get_libc_version' not
supported
<stdin>:11: warning: weak declaration of '__linux_C_lib_version' not
supported
<stdin>:12: warning: weak declaration of '__libc_version' not supported
Error: The following symbols could not be found:
    '__libc_version' referenced in '/tmp/ccszxGsk.o'
    '__linux_C_lib_version' referenced in '/tmp/ccszxGsk.o'
    'gnu_get_libc_version' referenced in '/tmp/ccszxGsk.o'
Drlink: Link failed with 1 error
ld fatal error: program /home/riscos/cross/bin/drlink returned exit status
3072:
Aborted (core dumped)

I'm using the gcc 3.4.6 cross-compiler.

The screen did display something about skipping libc6, but
I could not see any autobuilder package for it.

Any suggestions on how to get it to compile?
Can anyone else compille this package?

As an aside, has anyone got Chox11 and any programs
using it to build on cygwin.

Thanks,
Alan