[gccsdk] flex & recent !UnixLib, as

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Tue Feb 13 22:26:17 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to compile WinEd using GCC (3.4.6 rel. 2) but have got stuck
at the linking stage. WinEd uses the Castle flex library, which I don't
have so I'm using Jason Tribbeck's flex library instead:
http://rovlib.tribbeck.com/api/flex-frame.html

I get:

gcc      -o !RunImage  -Wl,-via @.Sourcery.Via
Warning: Attributes of area 'C$$code' in '/home/john/gccsdk/gccsdk_svn/gcc/arm-riscos-aof/gcc-3_4/libgcc/stage2/apcs32/abs/unixlib/divsi3.o' conflict with those in 'o32.flex'
    /home/john/gccsdk/gccsdk_svn/gcc/arm-riscos-aof/gcc-3_4/libgcc/stage2/apcs32/abs/unixlib/divsi3.o:  Code, Read only, 32-bit APCS, Extended FP instructions
    o32.flex:  Code, Read only, 32-bit APCS
Error: The following symbols could not be found:
    '_kernel_register_slotextend' referenced in 'o32.flex'
Drlink: Link failed with 1 error
ld fatal error: program /gccpkg:bin/drlink returned exit status 3072:

...which suggests maybe there's a clash between flex and gcc? I've not
been able to find anything like o32.flex (or divsi3?) though. How can I
tell what exactly is clashing?

On a (mostly) separate note. In trying to solve this, I've downloaded a
complete fresh copy of GCC from:
http://www.riscos.info/index.php/GCC_for_RISC_OS

However, I've not been able to find replacements for my copy of !UnixLib
or "as" (which is present in my existing copy of GCC).
I've looked in:  http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/latest/
and:             http://www.riscos.info/downloads/gccsdk/sharedunixlib/

Thanks,
Adam