[gccsdk] GCCSDK GCC 4 status update

Lee Noar leenoar at sky.com
Fri Jun 1 20:13:56 BST 2007

In article <95bdcbeb4e.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>,
> - Shared library: that's nicely coming along.  I'm sure Lee
>   can give more details but I understand the shared library
>   built with GCC 4.1 are working now under RISC OS using the C
>   based DSO module loader. :-)

Yes, shared libraries are working with the new C version of the
module and I've integrated the static loader into it as well.
I've yet to alter the build system to take these changes into
account, but it's on my TODO list.

I've now working on a new, more efficient PIC/PLT scheme that
will remove the need for SOM_Prologue and SOM_Resolver (which
will be removed from the module in the near future). Also the
call to __rt_load_pic in the function prologue will be replaced
by a short sequence of instructions. The libpic library will
become obsolete and I'll be removing that from the system too.

So as you can see, although the system works it's a bit of a
moving target and still evolving.

Lee.

--
    |__ee | \|oar         StrongARM Risc PC, RISC OS 4.