[gccsdk] GCCSDK GCC 4 status update

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sat Jun 2 03:07:48 PDT 2007

In message <4eebfd570fgdshaw at sagitta.demon.co.uk>
          Graham Shaw <gdshaw at sagitta.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I am having some difficulty reliably launching a module-based application
> written in C++, but as yet haven't determined whether it is me, g++,
> libscl or the SCL itself which is to blame.  (If anyone else has done this
> successfully I'd be interested to know.)

I think we can rule out libscl & SCL as they are and should be totally
unaware that they called from C++ compiled code.  Could it be that libstdc++
you're using is not compiled with -mmodule missing the data relocation ?
That's probably one of the iffy areas of C++ module support in GCCSDK 3.4
which is in GCCSDK 4 solved by having a dedicated module multilib setting
which produces an extra set of GCC support libraries all compiled with
-mmodule option.