[gccsdk] Firefox 2 patches

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Mar 28 21:42:13 PDT 2007

In message <200703282314.11932.lists at peter-teichmann.de>
          Peter Teichmann <lists at peter-teichmann.de> wrote:

> What does that mean for our Firefox debate? In my opinion it means, that you,
> Peter Naulls, should make use of the advantage that open source offers. You
> should release the source not only because you have to, but also for the
> benefits you may get if it is not too late already. What benefits can that be?
> You can get help with things you probably do not like so much, as
> documentation and support for users. You can get help with subsystems which
> you maybe are not so familiar with, especially the used libraries. If more
> than one person work together, they can specialize on different parts.
> Specialization brought mankind a big leap ahead. And finally, twenty eyes
> always see more than two.

I think this is incredibly patronising.  I have done all this, and much
much more.  A long long time ago.  Now, I have almost no time for this.
It is too little, too late.  If it was 2 years ago, it would be a
completely different story.

> On the other hand, what do you have to loose?

To _lose_, I have my self-respect.   I get insulted and critisized if I
post almost anything.  Your post is just an example of this.