[gccsdk] autobuilder failures

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Nov 24 20:10:55 PST 2007

This is a bunch of stuff I collected that I didn't get around to fixing,
partly for my own records, or if someone else wanted to have a go.

curl:

strerror.c:28:2: error: #error "you MUST have either POSIX or glibc
strerror_r if strerror_r is found"
strerror.c: In function 'Curl_strerror':
strerror.c:631: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
without a cast

netcat:

gcc -O    -DRISOS -O2 -static -o nc netcat.c
/tmp/ccTkXG4i.o: In function `gethostpoop':
netcat.c:(.text+0x11ef): warning: Using 'gethostbyaddr' in statically
linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the
glibc version used for linking
netcat.c:(.text+0x110b): warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically
linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the
glibc version used for linking
[...]
/tmp/ccTkXG4i.o: In function `main':
netcat.c:(.text+0x1917): undefined reference to `res_init'

bash, clisp, file, rsync, subversion, sysutils: patches out of date
bzip2, bc, ed, macutils, mawk: needs filename extension added/handled

m4:
fpurge.c:108:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib fpurge.c to your
platform! Look at the definitions of fflush, setvbuf and ungetc on your
system, then report this to bug-gnulib."

coreutils: source didn't fetch

cvs: should change to use external zlib
../lib/libcvs.a(getpass.o): In function `gnu_getpass':
getpass.c:(.text+0x118): undefined reference to `putc_unlocked'

findutils:
mountlist.c:94:21: error: mnttab.h: No such file or directory
mountlist.c: In function 'read_file_system_list':
mountlist.c:640: error: storage size of 'mnt' isn't known

gzip: breaks the AB somehow:
zip error: Could not create output file
(/usr/src/build-elf/-src.zip/gzip-1.3.12-1-elf.zip)

make: files moved around for packaging

p7zip: RISC OS makefile has hard-wired compiler paths

Maybe 30% of what I tried did build ok (after the fixes I did).  Not bad
considering many of them haven't been touched in about 2 years.