[gccsdk] GCC 3.4.6 patch update

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Apr 27 08:53:46 PDT 2008

In message <0685a6964f.peter at chocky.org>

> I may want to do a patch release of GCC 3.4.6r3.  This would include an
> updated assembler and a new version of 'make' (to fix the AS var
> default).  It's plausible I might include new versions of some of the
> non-toolchain tools, don't know.

Fine for me.  Not sure what you exactly mean with 'patch release', I assume
release 4 ? At the risk of mentioning the obvious, don't forget to update
gcc/gcc/version.c.

> I think now might also be a good time for another version of GCC 4.

Yes, actually the only item which needs to be done before pre-release 2
is to revise the SUL changes I made in pre-release 1. This got a couple of
times reported and I want to investigate if there isn't another and a better
solution for the problem I fixed there.