[gccsdk] Ada/GNAT port (was: GCC 3.4.6 patch update)

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Mon Apr 28 15:54:16 PDT 2008

Please note: I don't know anything about building GCC or GNAT, I am
only an Ada user...

> Two questions:
> 1. I would like to get debug output where GNAT is looking for system.adb.
>    I think I want to set the debug option 'dl' (as mentioned in debug.adb)
>    but I simply fail to see how I can specify this on the command line.
>    Or won't dl help me ?

No idea.

> 2. If I would upload the native RISC OS build, would you have time to have
>    a look to see what possibly is missing ? And/or to review the Ada
>    changes I made ?

If you could upload the native RISC OS build, I could have a look
if it is easy enough for me to fix.

I seem to remember a similar message to the one you got when
I produced the 32bitted runtime for the old GNAT. I *think* it was
just a matter of forcibly recompile every single .ads/.adb in the
runtime.

However, I did this with gnatmake -a, while you probably don't
have a gnatmake yet?

Steffen