[gccsdk] Autobuilder libraries

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Thu Jan 3 12:58:21 PST 2008

Adam wrote:
> In message <6816ef594f.peter at chocky.org>, Peter Naulls wrote:
>> I'm still fighting some minor issues with gnome-libs, imlib and some
>> others, but most of the libraries now build fully and correctly with the
>> very lastest GCC4 - at least for me on Debian Unstable - YMMV, and if it
>> does, please tell us.
>
> As per other posts here, I've just got a Cygwin-based autobuilder up and
> running (though using 3.4.6 at the moment). I'm happy to test things out
> if it's helpful.

As with one other post, it wasn't real clear what version you were
using.  I encourage anyone with issues to make sure about which version
it is, if from SVN, make sure you have the very latest.

The problem is that it's almost certain that without ongoing maintenance
the 3.4.6 version of the tools is going to fail many of the autobuilder
packages.  (e.g, very recent improvements to ro-config), and it's
of questionable value, not to mention a resource sap, to maintain it.

What we still don't have, is someone to try the GCC 4.1 build on Cygwin.
I haven't had a chance to do this yet, but I'm sure we can easily work
through the issues if someone else wants to try.

Moreover, you shouldn't wait for explicit suggestions from me as to what
to try out - we'll just end up going in circles, coloured by what I
think might be worth testing.

Thanks.