[gccsdk] FW: Autobuilder packaging progress

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sun Jan 13 21:00:36 PST 2008

In message <BAY101-W9145AAC5B3F1774407DF7F04A0 at phx.gbl>
          alan buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

[imagemagick]

> You've beaten me to it as it didn't build on cygwin for me yesterday,
> so I'm sure I was a close second!

I'd like to hear of any failures of course.  However, there were a
number of transient issues forcing static builds, and dozens of fixes
all over the place since you wrote this, so it might be just fine.

> The current website is built from my cygwin machine. So the easiest
> thing would be to send me the package and source zip files so I can
> include them in the next website build.
>
> The build website can be run from anywhere as it just scans the
> autobuilder_packages directory and creates a new directory with
> the website. The only advantage of using my machine is that I
> can diff it with my last build and only upload things that have
> changed.

I'm not sure of the precise mechanics (but I'll figure it out very
shortly), but I expect it'll be something along the lines of a package
being SCPed to a certain location (by you, John or myself as the main
protangonists here, and the only ones with access) and having the index
automatically regenerated on the hosting machine every hour or so.

Incidentally, there's a bug with the 64-bit build of pkgindex.  I didn't
look too closely, but it gets stuck in an infinite loop writing the
package index - somewhere in pkg::operator<< perhaps.   Fortunately, I
could compile and use the 32-bit version on my machine directly.