[gccsdk] Building GCC4 in Cygwin

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Mon Jan 14 05:17:50 PST 2008

In message <BAY101-W22DEF9DAC4DD603517AFBF0460 at phx.gbl>, alan buckley wrote:

> > On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 21:00:36 -0800 Peter Naulls wrote:
> >
> > In message
> > alan buckley  wrote:
> >
> > [imagemagick]
> >
> > > You've beaten me to it as it didn't build on cygwin for me
> > > yesterday, so I'm sure I was a close second!
> >
> > I'd like to hear of any failures of course. However, there were a
> > number of transient issues forcing static builds, and dozens of
> > fixes all over the place since you wrote this, so it might be just
> > fine.
>
> I've a few more little details to deal with in my current setup, but
> I'll hopefully manage to move to GCC4 in the next week or so and

Has anyone else tried building GCC4 with Cygwin? I've been playing
around with it. One problem has been that Cygwin doesn't have an
official autogen build. After a query on the Cygwin mailing list,
someone was kind enough to send me their build of it though.

So, I've been following through the GCC4 readme file and have got this
so far:

  $ ./create-srcdir
  [snip]
  patching file ltconfig
  Copying files
  /home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc4/recipe/scripts/reconf-ld
  /home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc4/recipe/scripts/reconf-libscl
  configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
        See the Autoconf documentation.

Does this matter? Anyway, I carried on regardless...

  adamr at Lenny ~/gccsdk/gcc4
  $ ./build-it > build-output.txt 2>&1

  adamr at Lenny ~/gccsdk/gcc4
  $ cd builddir-cross

  adamr at Lenny ~/gccsdk/gcc4/builddir-cross
  $ make
  cd /home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir && autogen Makefile.def
  make: *** [/home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc4/srcdir/Makefile.in] Error 53

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Adam

--