[gccsdk] ro-config BUILD

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Mon Jan 14 13:07:59 PST 2008

In message <BAY101-W397CFD3DE7F4B120712519F0460 at phx.gbl>
          alan buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> When trying to autobuild a program with cygwin I found
> the check command length argument hung in the
> configure script. However the configure script did
> check the --build parameter for cygwin. I found
> changing the following line:
>
>  BUILD="--build=i686-linux"
>
> to:
>
>   BUILD="--build=i686-pc-cygwin"
>
> fixed this. However this would probably cause
> problems for other systems.
>
> Can anyone suggest how I should detect if cygwin
> is running in ro-config so I can use the above for
> cygwin builds? Or is there a better solution to find
> the native machine ro-config is running on?

Typically the --build value for configure is the output of the config.guess
script located in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR (cfr configure.ac) subdirectory.

For GCCSDK 4 I would suggest the following fix : have...

  BUILD="--build=GCCSDK_BUILD"

in ro-config file instead and 'sed' it to the output of
$GCCSDK_SRC/config.guess in the install-env script (like we're changing
GCCSDK_ENV and GCCSDK_BIN to the value of $GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV and
$GCCSDK_INSTALL_CROSSBIN.

I'm not sure if your question was for GCCSDK 4 or for GCCSDK 3.4.6 but
for the latter I would expect that you can do something equivalent.