[gccsdk] Shared library status update

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Mon Jan 28 02:51:59 PST 2008

In message <BAY101-W13773EEB8B0F2D6728605BF0340 at phx.gbl>, alan buckley wrote:

> > Does SharedMan need to be separate to SharedLib?
>
> I believe it was one of Martin's points.

Wasn't that, that the distributed libraries /shouldn't/ be contained in
something with the same name as the central library store?

Assuming we're now going to distribute the libraries as a single file
(which is zip format, matching the RiscPkg format) then you've got three
items:

 1) Library-2.2.3a4 (e.g. DeskLib3 or something)
 2) !SharedLib      (central place where all the libraries live)
 3) !SharedMan      (app to provide merge/logging/querying on SharedLib)

Clearly (1) isn't the same name as (2), so that's OK. My question was
about (2) and (3)...

> As !SharedLib doesn't rely in anyway on !SharedMan I thought it better
> if the two were kept separate. This way !SharedMan could be replaced
> or not used at all.

OK, I guess that seems sensible. (As for your original question about
location - wouldn't they both live in Boot:Resources?)

Cheers,
Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem