[gccsdk] Building GCC4 in Cygwin

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Wed Jan 30 07:41:17 PST 2008

In message <BAY101-W204C269339EC1336FD0C59F0360 at phx.gbl>
          alan buckley <alan_baa at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've now got it to build, but I had the following
> problems. Can anyone tell me if they were caused
> specifically by my installation or if they are
> general problems?
> The build went through most the steps, but then
> just reported failure with no helpful message.

Add set -x to the build-program script; it's probably exiting somewhere.
I can add an error handler to it.

> My first thought was I needed to set the
> AB_ELFBUILD variable, so I set it to yes.

This is the default in any case.

> Once I had this variable the package failed with
> elf2aof missing. I found this in gcc4 install and
> followed the instructions to build it and tried
> again.

This is supposed to be installed along with everything else when the
toolchain is built.

> Looking at the files I realised that the riscos zip
> program was missing.
> Luckily I remember seeing a check-in of something
> called native-zip in to the autobuilder. So I built
> that and now the packaging of wget works
> perfectly.

native-zip is supposed to be added as an implicit dependency
to every package.  If you can find out why this didn't happen, I'd
appreciate it.

One problem you will have is our reliance on apt-cache to generate
dependency information, so you won't pick up all the Debian depedencies.
This requires a small amount of work to parse them from the Sources file
we download for other platforms.

RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/