[gccsdk] Building GCC4 in Cygwin

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu Jan 31 23:14:51 GMT 2008

In message <47A24E08.9020303 at chocky.org>

> Adam wrote:
> >
> >   c/cross/bin"
> >     /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=install /usr/bin/install -c 'sul' '/home/adamr/gccsdk
> >   /gcc/cross/bin/arm-unknown-riscos-sul'
> >   libtool: ltconfig version `' does not match ltmain.sh version `1.4a-GCC3.0'
> >   Fatal configuration error.  See the libtool docs for more information.
> >   make[4]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1
> >   make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc/builddir-cross/arm-unknown-ri
> >   scos/libunixlib'
> >   make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
> >   make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc/builddir-cross/arm-unknown-ri
> >   scos/libunixlib'
> >   make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
> >   make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc/builddir-cross/arm-unknown-ri
> >   scos/libunixlib'
> >   make[1]: *** [install-target-libunixlib] Error 2
> >   make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/adamr/gccsdk/gcc/builddir-cross'
> >   make: *** [install] Error 2
> >
> > I wonder if this is because I've not got all the dependencies for libtool.
> > Perhaps using Alan's trick (export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.9) will allow me to
> > satisfy libtool. I'll try it out next time I do the whole build process.
>
> Make sure you set the variable mentioned at the top of the README and
> run the make install again.   I'm working on a script which does
> everything, but that won't be ready for a couple of days.

That's indeed the LTCONFIG_VERSION which is not defined (see README). I
could have defined this in the ./build-it script but on the other hand when
you do a 'make' in builddir-cross directory you need this defined as well
outside './build-it' so you better have this defined in your shell
environment.

Perhaps we can add a check in './build-it' on LTCONFIG_VERSION being
"1.4a-GCC3.0" and if not error out (as it will result in a failed build
anyway) ?