[gccsdk] UnixLib, Signals & Threading

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Tue Jul 1 12:48:48 PDT 2008

In message <49d334b84f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
          Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <e2c419b54f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>, Adam  wrote:
> > I'm trying to get my head around handling signals in a threaded app.
> > However, I keep just getting a stack backtrace written to stderr. As
> > far as I can tell my signal handler never gets a look in.
> [big snip of example code]
>
> Can anyone give me any pointers? Sorry if I've got it all wrong or am
> asking a stupid question. Perhaps this is the wrong forum - can anyone
> point me to a newsgroup or mailing list for discussing stuff like this
> (e.g. non-ANSI C)?

I can't immediately answer your questions as I think I don't see enough
info to pinpoint what could be the cause.  I.e. what is the stacktrace
you mentioned ? You mentioned you "generate a synchronous signal".  How ?
An as simple as possible running example demonstrating your question could
help us.

BTW, a good start is probably "Advanced Programming in the UNIX®
Environment " (ISBN 0201433079).

Perhaps Alex Waugh (who contributed the pthread code) knows more.