[gccsdk] Dynamic library path handling

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sat Jul 5 22:13:32 PDT 2008

In message <29fc69ba4f.peter at chocky.org>

> Finally, I see this, which I haven't investigated yet:
>
> Text relocation of data symbol '' found: Firefox:libxlibrgb/so (offset
> 0x16EC0)
>
> Which is presumably due to this library being misformed.

This is actually mentioned in the manual, although reporting an error
about a blank symbol could be improved.  The real issue in this case was
the library linking to static Chox11 and DeskLib.  It would make a lot
more sense if the linker produced an error, rather than waiting until
runtime, if that's at al possible.