[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Sun Jul 6 09:32:31 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a threaded app, compiled using GCC3.4.6R3 (on VRPC AdjustSA)
which causes the machine to crash if I use Alt-Break to terminate it. I
don't know the process by which Alt-Break goes about killing a task, but
I guess it might be linked to my signals problem in my other recent
posting.

In any case, a small zip file of source and compiled binary is here:
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/temp/alt-break-ex.zip

To invoke the problem, load SigTest, then use Alt-Break to kill it.
On this computer, the task appears to close down OK, but when I try and
start up a new, entirely unrelated, task, I immediately get recurring
data aborts which require a reset of the machine - so please be prepared
for that if you're testing it out on your machine.

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts, solutions or reports of the
problem being repeatable elsewhere.

Thanks a lot,
Adam

--