[gccsdk] Dynamic library path handling

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 7 01:32:52 PDT 2008

> On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 10:29:59 -0700 Peter Naulls wrote:

[snip]

> The other more pragmatic question is to do with packaging. I know
> we've discussed at some length both on and off list about what
> to do here, and I apologize that I have not been able to follow
> all of the details. Assuming that Firefox with shared libraries
> works (don't know yet), there are a number of components:
>
> - Firefox application itself, which contains implicit and explicit
> shared libraries - nothing really changes here, except in regards
> to the variable path to find former ones (cf earlier in thread).
>
> - !SharedLibs with the existing content
>
> - Shared versions of DeskLib and CX11 - separate packages, but
> as part of the !SharedLibs application (perhaps in a separate
> directory).
>
> - Tinct, SUL as packages

I created a script to create riscpkg packages for the GCCSDK, it's
shared libraries and the !SharedLibs framework called create-riscpkg.
I've also added a small amount of description to the README.

To summarise host the shared library packages are layed out:

There is a base package called SharedLibs that contains the SO
manager, dl libs and sets up the file types and run actions for
ELF files.

The main C shared libraries (including the shared version of unixlib)
are in SharedLibs-C. The C++ shared libraries are in SharedLibs-G++.

The SharedUnixLibrary module is in the UnixLib package.

To package a new shared library you create the usual supporting
information and place the shared library and it's symbolic links in:

Resources/!SharedLibs/lib

in the package

[snip]

Regards,