[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 10:35:33 PDT 2008

In message <3c94b8ba4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>, Adam  wrote:

> I have a threaded app, compiled using GCC3.4.6R3 (on VRPC AdjustSA)
> which causes the machine to crash [nastily] if I use Alt-Break to
> terminate it.

Following on from Alex's post in the signals thread, I removed all the
signal handling from my little test app, and this problem disappeared.

I've just been looking through the GCC documentation again and can't see
any mention of this potentially nasty complication of trying to use
signal handlers with pthreads - perhaps it should be included?

Thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem