[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 13:04:27 PDT 2008

In message <a1db49bc4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>, Adam  wrote:

> In message <3c94b8ba4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>, Adam  wrote:
>
> > I have a threaded app, compiled using GCC3.4.6R3 (on VRPC AdjustSA)
> > which causes the machine to crash [nastily] if I use Alt-Break to
> > terminate it.
>
> Following on from Alex's post in the signals thread, I removed all the
> signal handling from my little test app, and this problem disappeared.

Hmm, as usual I've spoken to soon. I've just been playing with this
again and the problem still seems to be there, so perhaps it's not to do
with signals.

I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm the crash by running
SigTest2, killing it with Alt-Break, then loading some other app (e.g.
Paint).

http://www.snowstone.org.uk/temp/alt-break-ex2.zip

Thanks,
Adam