[gccsdk] Autobuilding Battle of Wesnoth

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 10 00:46:19 PDT 2008

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:38:46 +0200 John Tytgat wrote:

> In message
> alan buckley  wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to build the latest Battle of Wesnoth in
>> the autobuilder over the last few months and although
>> it builds, it crashes immediately when run. I don't get
>> enough information for me to track the problem down
>> and it doesn't get as far as the main routine so I can
>> put in trace lines.
>
> Are you using the shared or static UnixLib ? I expect the static UnixLib
> to work.

I'm using the static UnixLib. The program is normally put through elf2aif,
but I get the same results just running it as an ELF executable.

> It is certainly worthwhile to track down what's going on. You
> have stackdump ?

No I don't get a stackdump. I just get the application failed wimp
error box and details leads to internal error: branch through zero
at &03813584. This was a slightly modified unixlib to try to get
more details. The standard unixlib just gave a signal recursion
message through the wimp with no stack dump.

I'm afraid I can't think of anything else to try. I've tried various
combinations of Reporter, messing about with the boost library
it uses and even profiling to try to get some useful information
and failed.

This could easily be a problem with the code. But I'm not getting
anything to help me track it down and haven't been able to find
anything I can add to help.

I'm cross compiling on Cygwin, and there have been various
problem getting that going, but I'm fairly confident it is
up to date and should work the same as other systems.
Maybe someone could try to build it on a linux variant and
see if they get the same.

Thanks,
Alan