[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Thu Jul 10 09:30:20 PDT 2008

In message <39716cbc4f.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>

> In message <9c7d57bc4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
>           Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm the crash by running
> > SigTest2, killing it with Alt-Break, then loading some other app (e.g.
> > Paint).
> >
> > http://www.snowstone.org.uk/temp/alt-break-ex2.zip
>
> Sorry I can't confirm.  Ran SigTest2, Alt-Break'd it, started several
> new tasks, closed a couple ones and no crash or machine freezes.

Ironically, moments after I've sent that message I got:

  Internal error: Abort on data transfer at &0000A658

So clearly there is something we want to identify and fix.

Adam, instead of doing an Alt-Break, could you change your program to
perform a SWI OS_Exit and see if we have the same problem ?

What's not clear to me what a SWI Wimp_CloseDown does to a task or its
environment.  Any ideas ?