[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

Rien Mertens rien.mertens at hccnet.nl
Thu Jul 10 13:25:12 PDT 2008

In message <4fbca94de1evan at ejclark.force9.co.uk>
          Evan Clark <evan at ejclark.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <9c7d57bc4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>,
>    Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm the crash by running
>> SigTest2, killing it with Alt-Break, then loading some other app (e.g.
>> Paint).
>
>> http://www.snowstone.org.uk/temp/alt-break-ex2.zip
>
> Tried that on Iyonix 512MB RISC OS 5.13
>
> Message from Paint
> Internal error: abort on data transfer at &0000A46C
>
> Requires a full reset to recover.
>
> Evan.

I tried it on my A9Home, when i use ALT-Break and stop Sigtest2, I can
restart Sigtest2 without any appearent problem, but when I try to
start Paint, it does not seem to start, the machine is dead, and can
only be restarted using the red button. This situation occurs more
with my A9 machine when something goes wrong.

--
Rien Mertens
Tweeberg 1 A