[gccsdk] Threading + Alt-Break = Trashed Computer

Rien Mertens rien.mertens at hccnet.nl
Thu Jul 10 14:13:01 PDT 2008

In message <7e18e0bc4f.admin at snowstone.org.uk>
          Adam <lists at snowstone.org.uk> wrote:

> In message <2fb9c7bc4f.Jo at hobbes.bass-software.com>, John Tytgat  wrote:
>
>> Adam, instead of doing an Alt-Break, could you change your program to
>> perform a SWI OS_Exit and see if we have the same problem ?
>
> OK, clicking right button on the iconbar for this version of the app
> calls OS_Exit and appears to result in a clean exit.
>
> I've tidied it up a bit and added in the DeskLib code, so it should
> build "out of the box" now (just double-click on "make") if anyone wants
> to play around with it:
>
> http://www.snowstone.org.uk/temp/exittest.zip (200K)

yes, it build fine, and yes, it seems to exit cleanly on my A9Home.

I have doubleclicked GCC-411pre-release before I tried to run make,
got an error because I have GCC-346release-3 looked at in boot,
doubleclicked gcc-346-release-3 and ran make without any problem.
I also got a c-file in ram disc.

--
Rien Mertens
Tweeberg 1 A