[gccsdk] Autobuilding Battle of Wesnoth

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 07:07:12 PDT 2008

> On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:09:28 +0100 Lee Noar wrote:
> alan buckley wrote:
>>> On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 20:38:46 +0200 John Tytgat wrote:

>>> Are you using the shared or static UnixLib ? I expect the static UnixLib
>>> to work.
>>
>> I'm using the static UnixLib. The program is normally put through elf2aif,
>> but I get the same results just running it as an ELF executable.
>>
>>> It is certainly worthwhile to track down what's going on. You
>>> have stackdump ?
>>>

>> No I don't get a stackdump. I just get the application failed wimp
>> error box and details leads to internal error: branch through zero
>> at &03813584. This was a slightly modified unixlib to try to get
>> more details. The standard unixlib just gave a signal recursion
>> message through the wimp with no stack dump.
>>
>> I'm afraid I can't think of anything else to try. I've tried various
>> combinations of Reporter, messing about with the boost library
>> it uses and even profiling to try to get some useful information
>> and failed.
>>
>> This could easily be a problem with the code. But I'm not getting
>> anything to help me track it down and haven't been able to find
>> anything I can add to help.
>
> Does r14 from *showregs not indicate which function attempted to jump to
> address 0?

I believe I tried this when you suggested it previously, but can't remember
how I ran showregs, if I did at all. I assume the where command register
dump in Reporter is giving the same information.

If not how and when do I run showregs?

As you mentioned it I'm trying to see where r14 is again to see if I missed
something last time around.

Thanks,
Alan