[gccsdk] Shared Unix Library package

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 11 07:56:56 PDT 2008

I am trying to determine the best way to distribute the
SharedUnixLibrary via a riscpkg package for GCC 4.

In looking into this I notice there are two different ways
of distributing it at the moment.

1) The riscpkg site has a package called UnixLib, with
the version being the libunixlib version and installs it
into a !UnixLib directory.

2) The Netsurf packages use a package called
SharedUnixLibrary with the modules version which they
install into System.

It would probably be sensible to standardise on a single
way of distributing the SharedUnixLibrary.

I wonder if the people who created these packages could
comment on why the packages were created this way.

Anyone else is of course welcome to comment on any
preferences to how it should be packaged.

This has been posted to the gccsdk, riscpkg and netsurf
lists as it is relevant to all three. Sorry for the overlap for
people (like myself) that subscribe to all three.

Thanks,
Alan