[gccsdk] wget Failing to Set RISC OS Filetype

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Wed May 21 14:00:10 PDT 2008

In message <4fa31da561evan at ejclark.force9.co.uk>
          Evan Clark <evan at ejclark.force9.co.uk> wrote:

> I've found the version of wget in the currently available package is
> failing to set the RISC OS filetype correctly - all files fetched are
> typed as text.
>
> The copy of wget in question has a filesize of 441424 bytes. An earlier
> version which also reports itself as GNU Wget 1.10.2, but has a filesize
> of 422988, sets filetypes as expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong?

Sound like a regression problem in UnixLib (perhaps between GCCSDK 3.4.6
and GCCSDK 4). Although I don't see anything obvious wrong in the changes
we've made.  Would you be so kind to log this via
<URL:http://www.riscos.info/bugzilla/index.cgi> so we don't forget to
give this proper attention ?

Thanks,