[gccsdk] wget Failing to Set RISC OS Filetype

Evan Clark evan at ejclark.force9.co.uk
Wed May 21 15:37:52 PDT 2008

In article <48348D19.7070905 at chocky.org>,

> Evan Clark wrote:
> > I've found the version of wget in the currently available package is
> > failing to set the RISC OS filetype correctly - all files fetched are
> > typed as text.
> >
> > The copy of wget in question has a filesize of 441424 bytes. An
> > earlier version which also reports itself as GNU Wget 1.10.2, but has
> > a filesize of 422988, sets filetypes as expected.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest what may be going wrong?

> I'd prefer not to guess.  It might be going wrong all the time, or
> it may not, but it's very important with bug reports to provide
> specific examples.   Then we can make sure that we correctly
> reproduce the case you're seeing and generalise from that.

An example:

  wget http://www.google.co.uk/index.html

The currently available version of wget [1] saves a file of type text,
whereas the earlier version [2] sets the filetype correctly as html.

The filetype problem is the same for all files I've tried to fetch, of
any type, using http or ftp.

[1] The absolute is dated 12:45:13 11 Jan 2008 with size 422988 bytes.
[2] The absolute is dated 16:45:35 26 Jan 2008 with size 441424 bytes.

Evan.