[gccsdk] Cairo for RISC OS

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon May 26 01:11:39 BST 2008

Michael Gerbracht wrote:
> In article <48383770.40805 at chocky.org>, Peter Naulls <peter at chocky.org> wrote:
>> Michael Gerbracht wrote:
>
>>> Can somebody tell me where I can find some information about Cairo for
>>> RISC OS? In this list I could not find much information and also google
>>> didn't help.
>
>> The "not much information" you already saw is probably about it:
>> http://www.riscos.info/pipermail/gcc/2008-March/004295.html
>> What further were you after?
>
> Yes, this posting I meant.
>
> Is the RISC OS port in some kind of useable state? Can you produce already
> some images with it? Is it limited in the way that you can use only a
> fraction of its facilities, e.g. create only black rectangles or so. Or is is
> limited in the supported output formats? Are there any plans for draw output
> (I know that draw does not support all features of Cairo, like multi-colour
> fills, transparency, clipping...).

Short answer is no to everything.  Nothing has changed since I made that
post.   I've put up the stuff I have to date:

http://www.riscos.info/downloads/wip/

I can't really tell you anything meaningful about what I've done; if you
felt it was best to start from scratch, that'd be fine too.  If you're
going to wait for me to do anything further on this, it could be some
months.

hth.