[gccsdk] Wikification of package entries

alan buckley alan_baa at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 02:45:55 PST 2009

> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 Peter Naulls wrote:
>
> I don't know if anyone has had much experience with MediaWiki
> programming, but essentially, I want to integrate the dynamically
> generated HTML we presently have for packages:
>
> http://www.riscos.info/downloads/packages/
>
> In particular, each package would have its own wiki page, probably
> with some boiler plate and other stuff that might be automatically
> generated - e.g. the description we have right now that we pull
> from Debian. There would be some exceptions - in particular
> pages which already have their own page (OpenTTD et al) - in
> such cases, there would be a mix of custom wiki and the boiler
> plate.
>
> It does seem that a MedaiWiki extension is called for, but this
> could potentially be quite complicated. Does anyone have any
> suggestions about what might be done here?

I was thinking about something like this as a way we could
include screenshots if we wanted like the old UPP did.

Can't we use a much simpler method and just have a simple
"more info" link on the page for each package that points
to a wiki page that can then be edited and modified by
whoever has the interest?

You may want to generate a simple initial wiki page for
each package.

Regards,
Alan