[gccsdk] g++ 4.1.1: file types of output and cpp postfix

Ben Avison bavison at riscosopen.org
Fri May 1 15:07:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, 01 May 2009, Theo Markettos <theo at markettos.org.uk> wrote:
> This is because the compiler is producing an ELF executable.  As we
> aren't able to run these directly at the moment, there's a program
> elf2aif that'll convert it to an AIF &FF8 absolute file which you can run.

I'm a bit surprised that you don't already the facility to load ELF
executables. Pace wrote an ELF loader years ago as part of its efforts to
support cross-compilation of the RISC OS sources, and ROOL hasn't bothered
releasing it yet because it's not required by our current builds and we
assumed it would be surplus to requirements for GCC.

Would it be helpful if we bumped it up to the top of the list of things to
release?

Ben