[gccsdk] [GCCSDK commit] jjvdgeer - r4180 - trunk/autobuilder/develop/vala

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Sat Nov 7 02:46:08 PST 2009

> svnuser at riscos.info wrote:

> > -#AB_URL=http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/v/vala/vala_0.7.8.orig.tar.gz
> > -AB_URL=http://download.gnome.org/sources/vala/0.7/vala-0.7.8.tar.bz2
> > +AB_URL=http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/v/vala/vala_0.7.8.orig.tar.gz

> I don't know if this is what you want.  This should be the same
> source as the original.  If you wanted the latest Debian version
> including patches, then just leave out the AB_URL bit altogether.

I think so. I haven't actually checked the resulting RiscPkg files
but I remember from the what I saw from the sources that it takes
some descriptions and stuff from the Debian packages. So even
though they otherwise are nearly identical (the previous version
had a few bugfixes merged in which weren't in the original 0.7.7 I
think), I think it is better to use the Debian package.

The reason I use a URL at all is that 0.7.8 is not yet available
from Debian testing (squeeze?) so the new patch wouldn.t work on
0.7.7. When the patch was provided, merely a few hours after
release, 0.7.8 was not yet on Debian unstable (sid?) either.

When I notice it arrives on squeeze I'll remove the AB_URL again.

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap