[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Sun Nov 8 05:43:26 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 11:36 +0000, chrisg at care4free.net wrote:
> On Nov 7 2009, John Tytgat wrote:
>
> >I would be surprised this would a problem in your host compiler (i.e.
> >the
> >compiler used on your Ubuntu 9.10) and that we have to look for a
> >solution
> >there.

> >My bet is that this is a case of not using autoconf2.59 (gcc4.1
> >really
> >need this exact version). Have you installed the autoconfig2.59
> >package ?
> >After you've done that, restart for scratch (ie. the srcdir needs to
> >be reconfigured using the recipe/scripts/reconf-*).

> I got this too on ubuntu 9.10 even though I had all the correct
> versions installed. I got round it by renaming autoconf then symlinked
> autoconf to autocont2.59.

I'm not having a lot of success with it :(

I uninstalled 2.13 and tried to remove 2.64, but somehow it seems 2.59
is dependent on 2.64 (not sure how that works...) so I ended up with
both of them.

I renamed /usr/bin/autoconf to /usr/bin/autoconf2.64 and
made /usr/bin/autoconf a symlink to /usr/bin/autoconf2.59 but I got the
exact same problem.

I then did the same to /usr/bin/autoreconf* but I'm not so sure that
that will have the desired effect.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap