[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

John Tytgat John.Tytgat at aaug.net
Sun Nov 8 06:14:08 PST 2009

In message <1257687807.2209.6.camel at ubuntu>
          Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:

> I'm not having a lot of success with it :(
>
> I uninstalled 2.13 and tried to remove 2.64, but somehow it seems 2.59
> is dependent on 2.64 (not sure how that works...) so I ended up with
> both of them.

I don't think this is a problem.  That's what I have right now as
well (but using Ubuntu 9.04)

> I renamed /usr/bin/autoconf to /usr/bin/autoconf2.64 and
> made /usr/bin/autoconf a symlink to /usr/bin/autoconf2.59 but I got the
> exact same problem.
>
> I then did the same to /usr/bin/autoreconf* but I'm not so sure that
> that will have the desired effect.
>
> Any other suggestions?

Just to be 100% sure: did you restart with a fresh srcdir (i.e. throw it
away, it will be regenerated) ? As otherwise you might still have some
leftovers there of the wrong auto* tools.