[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Jan-Jaap van der Geer jjvdgeer at inbox.com
Sun Nov 8 06:54:14 PST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 15:14 +0100, John Tytgat wrote:
> In message <1257687807.2209.6.camel at ubuntu>
>           Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not having a lot of success with it :(
> >
> > I uninstalled 2.13 and tried to remove 2.64, but somehow it seems 2.59
> > is dependent on 2.64 (not sure how that works...) so I ended up with
> > both of them.

> I don't think this is a problem.  That's what I have right now as
> well (but using Ubuntu 9.04)

No, I agree. It seemed familiar, so I'd seen that before, probably on
9.04.

> > I renamed /usr/bin/autoconf to /usr/bin/autoconf2.64 and
> > made /usr/bin/autoconf a symlink to /usr/bin/autoconf2.59 but I got the
> > exact same problem.

> > I then did the same to /usr/bin/autoreconf* but I'm not so sure that
> > that will have the desired effect.

> > Any other suggestions?

> Just to be 100% sure: did you restart with a fresh srcdir (i.e. throw it
> away, it will be regenerated) ? As otherwise you might still have some
> leftovers there of the wrong auto* tools.

Yes, I started with a whole new gcc4 directory, to be on the safe side.

Does build-world also remove the srcdir?

Anyway, using Ralph's suggestion worked (Thanks, Ralph!), so I now
should have a working crosscompiler again.

Looking at my temporary autoconf directory, I suppose it is not enough
to symlink autoconf and autoreconf, but I should also have symlinked
autoheader, autom4te, autoscan, autoupdate and ifnames.

Maybe I should do just that, so I do not need to remember to put this
tempdir in my path next time I want to build the compiler.

Cheers,
Jan-Jaap