[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Sun Nov 8 10:08:41 PST 2009

Steve Fryatt wrote:
> Jan-Jaap van der Geer <jjvdgeer at inbox.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, using Ralph's suggestion worked (Thanks, Ralph!), so I now should
>> have a working crosscompiler again.
>>
>> Looking at my temporary autoconf directory, I suppose it is not enough to
>> symlink autoconf and autoreconf, but I should also have symlinked
>> autoheader, autom4te, autoscan, autoupdate and ifnames.
>
> I've been following this with interest, as I'm also trying to build a copy
> of GCCSDK on Ubuntu 9.10.  In this case 3.4.6, as that's what I was using on
> RISC OS and I'd like to get cross-compilation working on my projects with
> that before changing anything else.
>
> Anyway, I've made the changes Jan-Jaap suggests above, but the build still
> fails with

[bison]

I think this route might be more effort than it's worth.  The GCC 3
stuff hasn't been seriously maintained in several years.  Also, as
I suspect you're aware, things build with GCC 3 default options have
a chance of not working on the BeagleBoard.

I suggest going straight to GCC 4.1.  If you have any problems building
your stuff with that, we easily help you there.