[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Steve Fryatt lists at stevefryatt.org.uk
Sun Nov 8 16:42:39 PST 2009

> A simple Makefile might therefore look like this:
>

> CFLAGS  = -I $(GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV)/include
> LDFLAGS = -L $(GCCSDK_INSTALL_ENV)/lib

etc.

OK, that all seems to work, and it's a lot neater than having to use the
riscos user -- thanks for the help.

It now falls over on linking, with "file not recognized: File format not
recognized" on the old OSLib32.o library.  I assume this to simply be AOF vs
ELF, in which case I'll return to it another day.

Is there a guide anywhere online to the changes with ELF?  From what I can
tell with Google, GCC V4 only works with ELF format binaries.  Is this
correct, or can it still output an AIF executable if asked to (as far as I
can see, it can not accept AOF libraries any more)?  This was the other
issue I was hoping to avoid by sticking with V3 for the time being, as it
looks like most things like OSLib are still in a "DIY-ELF" state.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/