[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Mon Nov 9 11:14:29 PST 2009

Theo Markettos wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 03:21:44PM +0100, John Tytgat wrote:
>> That's good news that there is a solution but indicates a regression
>> in the Ubuntu 9.10 distribution as its indicates setting AUTOCONF/AUTOM4TE
>> in the recipe/scripts/reconf-* scripts no longer work.  :-(
>
> I don't know the specifics of 9.10, but Debian-based distributions have the
> 'alternatives system' which is supposed to take care of this so you don't
> need to mess around with symlinks.  See:
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/91
>
> That means upgrading etc should maintain the currently preferred program.
> But it's system-wide, of course, not per-user or per-task.

Yes; however for whatever reason, this has never applied to autoconf -
the only tool I see in alternatives on my Debian machine is automake.
It's much the same on Ubuntu.

However, it would be possible using a Debian package to rename the
appropriate files (sorry, I forget the exact terminology).
This might be the easiest solution, if build fix can't be found.