[gccsdk] Problems building crosscompiler

Peter Naulls peter at chocky.org
Tue Nov 10 16:30:21 PST 2009

Steve Fryatt wrote:

> /home/steve/GCCSDK/cross/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-riscos/4.1.1/../../../../arm-unknown-riscos/bin/ld:
> ERROR:
> /home/steve/GCCSDK/cross/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-riscos/4.1.1/scl/fpu/crtn.o
> uses hardware FP, whereas !RunImage uses software FP
> /home/steve/GCCSDK/cross/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-riscos/4.1.1/../../../../arm-unknown-riscos/bin/ld:
> failed to merge target specific data of file
> /home/steve/GCCSDK/cross/lib/gcc/arm-unknown-riscos/4.1.1/scl/fpu/crtn.o
>
> All the libraries I've compiled myself (with the exception of OSLib,
> perhaps) have had -mlibscl -mhard-float set, and the compile and link of the
> project both do too, so that suggests that both sides should be using
> hardware FP anyway.
>
> Any suggestions on where to look?

There's very little in the Autobuilder that links against the SCL, so
the OSLib build is default options - soft-float for use with UnixLib.
DeskLib does however have two builds, since the SCL things in the AB
actually use that.

You have a few options:

- Make a SCL build of OSLib in the AB.
- Simply replace your soft-float OSLib library with one John supplied
   for SCL
- Link against UnixLib, which will add 130K odd to your final binary
   size.